Thursday, June 21, 2012

Its crafty Thursday and I thought I would show you my flag wreath I made. Now I didn't take pictures while I was making it.  I totally couldn't hold the yarn tight and still snap a picture so I am sorry about that but it is super easy to figure out.  I found the idea on this site. The cellar door stories

Here is my finished product.


So first I went to the dollar store and bought a foam pool noodle then I went to the craft store and bought 3 skeins of yarn and some pre cut felt stars.

I just duct taped the noodle ends to create a circle. Then I wrapped the yarn around and around. I started with the red and white then finished with the blue.  It took about 2 hours but I was able to watch tv while doing it.  I just knotted the ends of the yarn and your done. 

I stuck on the stars in random places and then tied up a bow made out of ribbon and thats it.  

It really was that easy and its very festive and cute on my front door. 

The total cost was about $13 because I bought everything.  Still $13 is very cheap for a wreath.

Happy Thursday!
Alyse and Kristen

1 comment:

  1. I love this wreath. I've been looking for some inexpensive 4th of July decorations. What a great idea. I love the fact you used the pool noodle. I love doing projects using dollar store finds. Thank you ladies.

    ReplyDelete